Tuesday 4 February 2014

10 Things to Love About Second Marriages

Not everybody thinks that getting married a second time is a good idea. Maybe they were burned badly in their divorce and they don't want to get hurt. Again. Or they have kids and think it's better to raise them without a step-parent.
After my divorce, I always assumed that I would remarry. I still believed in the institution of marriage. And I had seen how wonderful the second time around could be. My parents divorced when I was in high school and a few years after that, they both remarried. And they've been happily married to their spouses for more than 25 years.
When I married my second husband, I was surprised by how easy it was to be a wife again. And I don't mean that in an old-fashioned kind of way. I mean making the commitment, living under the same roof (and not just sneaking in a few nights when the kids were with their other parents), and sharing in the decision-making for our newly blended family.
So here are 10 reasons second marriages rock:
  1. Statistics are in your favor. Second marriages are less likely than first ones to end in divorce.
  2. You get married a second time for love. And only love. Not to procreate, to escape your past, or because everyone else is doing it.
  3. Experience definitely makes you wiser. You both have learned from your past mistakes and you're not going to make the same ones twice.
  4. Step-parents can play an enormously positive role in your kids' lives.
  5. You know that you can't turn your partner into someone they're not. People don't change, especially as we get older.
  6. People who are married have a longer life expectancy.
  7. With age comes maturity. Your understanding, and your partner's, about what it takes to be in a committed relationship is greater.
  8. Yes, it costs less to have two people living under one roof.
  9. The wedding is not the focus of starting your life together. No need to have a black tie affair for 200 of your closest friends and family. Small, intimate, and less expensive is the way to go.
  10. People who have someone to grow old with have a lower incidence of depression.

    NEWS Link:- http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/156670/10_things_to_love_about

No comments:

Post a Comment